Buy PB2 dongle for PS3
Unlock the true potential of your PS3 with PB2 – keep your PS3 on a homebrew enabled custom firmware, while at the same time enjoying the newest and most popular PS3 games.
* Booting of games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above
* Runs your existing games and new v3.6+ games from HDD in conjunction with standard backup managers
* Does not require the power/eject trick
* Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when PB2 is not inserted
* Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
* Durable and high quality plastic case design
* Tough and durable plastic packaging
* Further features to be added as they are developed
* On board 2 MBytes SPI flash
* Supports Fat and Slim PS3 consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55 and any PS3 which can be downgraded successfully from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: requires other tools, PB2 cannot downgrade a console)
* Supports all regions of consoles
* Supports all regions of v3.6+ games
* Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timing
Setting up your PS3
Before you may use PB2, you must first install the 3.55‐Dongle custom firmware onto your PS3. This is similar in function to the well known kmeaw CFW; however it also includes modifications which allow PB2 to operate correctly. The 3.55‐Dongle firmware updater is distributed in a file labelled “PB2‐3.55‐CFW.zip” which can be download from download pages of our website. Proceed with the update as follows:
1. Obtain a USB storage device such as a USB HDD or USB flash memory stick
2. Create a folder on the storage device in which to save the update file. Using a PC, create a
folder named “PS3” on the storage device. Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named
3. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file to the “UPDATE” folder created in step 2. Thus, you will have
this path structure on your USB storage device: PS3UPDATEPS3UPDAT.PUP
4. Boot your PS3 and insert the USB storage device into the PS3
5. From the home menu, select (Settings) ‐> (System Update) ‐> (Update via Storage Media)
6. The PS3 will notify you that the “3.55‐Dongle” update was found. Select OK then follow the
onscreen instructions to complete the update
7. After the update has completed, your PS3 will restart and you now be running the 3.55‐
Dongle custom firmware. You may now enjoy the use of the PB2 dongle
(NOTE: The above procedure is only applicable to PS3’s on or below system software v3.55)
To use PB2, simply insert the dongle into one of the USB ports on your PS3 and power the system up. Do not remove the dongle at any point while the PS3 is running.
PB2 for the most part functions just like a regular jailbreak/CFW in that you may install and run any homebrew software and all of the standard backup managers are supported. The most notable difference is that games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above are also supported. However, in order to enjoy such titles, you must first obtain special “PB2 versions” which have been modified to function with PB2. Such modified versions are available for download through the “Game Patches” and are clearly labelled as being PB2 compatible. Once you have obtained PB2 modified games, simply copy them to your PS3 internal or external USB HDD as you would with any usual jailbreak game and launch in the usual manner through any one of the many available backup managers.
From time to time, we will release firmware updates for PB2 which will add new features. Directions and a list of changes will be provided inside the firmware update archive file.